NDIS Worker Safety Screening Check
All states and territories have now commenced implementing NDIS Worker Screening Check arrangements. As a worker on the YRSDS OSH Program, delivering NDIS supports and services, you are required to have an NDIS worker screening clearance.
What is worker screening?
Worker screening is a way to help check that the people who are working, or wish to work, with NDIS participants don't present an unacceptable risk to people with disability. Worker screening is an important tool in the recruitment, selection and screening processes of an NDIS provider, and assists in the ongoing review of the suitability of workers.
How do I apply for the NDIS Worker Screening Check?
You can apply for your NDIS Check online at Service Victoria https://www.service.vic.gov.au/services/national-disability-insurance-scheme
• Your employer details (Yarra Ranges Special Developmental School, Employer ID: 4-4331-1698)
• A smartphone, for the ID check
• Original ID documents (listed at the link above)
You will need to do the following:
• Register for or login to your Service Victoria account
• Verify your identity
• Submit your identification documents for your police check and any other background checks
• Enter your work details
• Review and provide consent for the checks
• Pay for your application (The NDIS worker clearance check costs $121.10 - payable by workers upon application).
For further information please visit https://www.vic.gov.au/ndis-worker-screening-check
If you require any assistance with completing the NDIS Worker Screening Check then please get in touch.